Friday, May 24, 2013

Editing and Rewriting

Wow! Who knew that the editing and rewriting part of my job could be made so easy. I have heard from various fellow authors that editing can be done on your kindle. So, I decided what the heck. I gave it a try. It only takes a moment to turn the file into a Kindle compatible "book".

So, I sent it to my Kindle and began the reading, editing and rewriting process around lunch time today. I am already at 26% and, to be honest, I didn't work on it constantly throughout the course of the day. It seems to be going really fast and easy. I highlight a section, I make a note on what changes I need to make, and continue on.

Now, I am passing this little bit of knowledge on to my other fellow authors. I strongly suggest that you give it a try. Perhaps it won't work for everyone. Maybe it is one of those things. But, if you edit and rewrite like I always have, you are probably wasting stacks and stacks of paper. (which then has to be burned in the bonfire to protect my original works from being stolen). This way, when the editing and rewriting is finished, I simply delete this file from my Kindle cloud and create a new one and do it all over again. Paper saving, time saving and I think I am catching more this way than I would have working through page after page of hard copy.

We don't have a release date set. Clark is still working on the illustrations for the chapters, and I am working on editing and rewrites, but stay tuned because there will be many announcements during the course of the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment