Sunday, December 4, 2011

December is busy busy

December has arrived. It kind of snuck up on me. I really wasn't prepared to turn around and discover we had reached the holidays. I spent the month of November working on my new novel. You can find out more information here about how NaNoWriMo went for me.

Meanwhile, we also have events for We've Seen Santa planned throughout the first weeks of December. We kicked off with a Santa Parade this past Friday.












Followed by a visit with Santa.


This upcoming Tuesday, we will be reading We've Seen Santa to little ones at our local library. There is a reading for the under 3 age group and then another reading for the preschoolers.

We then have two events scheduled for Friday. We will be visiting an elementary school to share our experience of writing, illustrating and publishing with them. We will be encouraging them to follow their dreams. This event will be repeated on a small scale the following Monday at our local library. Friday night, we will be having Cookies with Santa.

We are excited about all of these events. To tell the truth, I am also rather nervous. But, I know that we will have a great time at all of these events. Unfortunately, I am not finding very much time to read even my first book for The Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge. I am glad that it runs into January, or there is no way I would be able to participate at all. I only wish I could find more time to curl up and read a good book.

I hope everyone else is finding themselves enjoying the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment