Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge


I must confess that I haven't gotten ANY reading done as of yet. I have been watching a whole bunch of Christmas movies. We started off with Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas. My daughter absolutely loved it so much that she has added it to her Christmas Wish List. We then watched Jingle All the Way on the Hallmark channel. My daughter has now added Jingle and his book to her Christmas wish list. Then, I moved on to "Mommy movies." Hallmark supplied a great line up last night. First it was Debbie Macomber's Mrs. Miracle, followed by Debbie Macomber's Call Me Mrs. Miracle. I absolutely love both of these movies. Mrs. Miracle is my favorite of the two. I would love to read both of the books. So, after these came this years new Macomber movie, Debbie Macomber's Trading Christmas. I recall reading this book, but the movie did not line up with what I recalled. It was still an excellent movie, don't get me wrong. I am currently sitting here watching Hallmark channel. The current movie is called The Most Wonderful Time of the Year. It seems familiar, so I may have watched this last year. 

So, as for the reading. The trend in movies yesterday sort of fits with what I am thinking for my book. The first book I will begin reading is Christmas in Cedar Cove. I love Debbie Macomber, so it is a great place to start. 

Now that I have finished my NaNoWriMo novel, I have time to actually read again. Don't get me wrong, there is still much editing and rewriting to do.on the novel. If you are curious, there is a couple of [unedited] chapters available to read for free over on my other blog. I'd love to hear some feedback, but please remember these chapters are first draft.

I am not entirely sure how much reading I will get done before Christmas, but fortunately for me the reading challenge goes until January 6th. The first couple of weeks of December are going to be busy. We've Seen Santa has been booked for many events. We have a parade on the 2nd, two readings on the 6th, an elementary school visit on the 9th, Cookies with Santa on the night of the 9th, and then we have a "seminar about writing and publishing" for 1st through 5th graders on the 12th. We are nervous, but excited for all of these events. I even made sweatshirts for the entire family to wear for these events and just to wear. I've also designed posters to put on the truck for the parade.

Sweatshirt
Poster
Somewhere in there, we have to manage Christmas shopping. Oh, and I have a dentist appointment on my birthday. My kids also have various appointments coming up during the course of the reading challenge. But, I will get some reading done. I need to curl up with a good book and take a break from my own novel anyways. 





No comments:

Post a Comment