Monday, February 13, 2012

Mailbox Monday

I've never actually had a mailbox Monday before. ;) I am excited to announce that today I did have a special gift waiting for me in my mailbox!





I have not begun reading it yet, as I've only had it for a couple of hours, but I am truly excited to be reviewing this book. Initially, I put it on my wish list before Christmas, and had really been hoping to receive some Amazon gift cards. I did not receive any Amazon gift cards and therefore did not knock anything off my wish list.

I was delighted when Ms. Goodwin contacted me and asked if I would be interested in reviewing The Christmas Village for her. Of course, I replied with an unequivocal "YES!". I will be reading it with my (soon to be) 6 year old daughter. I am looking forward to sharing it with her.

A special thank you to Ms. Goodwin for thinking of me. I will post my review as soon as we finish.

Ms. Goodwin, my husband had a couple of questions regarding your cover art, if you happen to be reading this post. As my cover artist, he is always paying close attention to the covers that come through the house.

His questions were:

  1.  Do you self illustrate?
  2.  What paint was used on the wood panel? (acrylic, oil, or tempera)


He absolutely LOVES the smoothness of the colors with the textured look of the wood panel.

Thank you for stopping by to read my blog. Don't forget, you can sign up to follow my blog via blogger, email or networked blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment