Friday, January 6, 2012

The Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge Wrap-Up

Well, The Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge comes to an end in a few hours. I guess I didn't do to bad considering that I had a much busier Christmas season than I am used to. I made it to mistletoe level on the reading challenge levels ladder.

Levels:
--Candy Cane: read 1 book
--Mistletoe: read 2-4 books
--Christmas Tree: read 5 or 6 books (this is the fanatic level...LOL!)
Additional levels:
--Fa La La La Films: watch a bunch or a few Christmas movies...it's up to you!
--Visions of Sugar Plums: read books with your children this season and share what you read
*the additional levels are optional, you still must complete one of the main reading levels above

I managed to complete a total of 3 books and one short story. I am so close to finishing what was intended to be my final novel for the challenge, but I seem to have fallen short. I will still finish the novel, of course, but it does not appear that I will manage to finish it in time to include it in my wrap-up. For more detailed information on my reading during The Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge, you can visit this post.

I did make it to Fa La La La Films level. Lordy, did I ever watch a bunch of Christmas films. Between all the childhood favorites that continue from generation to generation (Classics such as Rudolph or Frosty) and you cannot forget Lifetime, LMN, and Hallmark for all the romance Christmas movies. Then, there were also a few movies picked up on other channels. My favorite of course was It's a Wonderful Life. The Christmas season is never complete without that movie.

And, I managed to make it into the Visions of Sugar Plums level as well. I must have read We've Seen Santa a billion times. Okay, probably not really, but it sure felt that way. My daughter has it memorized. The other day when the kids received a late Christmas present from their Nonnie; she said, "Let's open up gifts and have some fun." Proof that she has either heard it or read it far too many times, LOL. We also read Jingle All the Way. You can read my thoughts on this book/stuffed friend set on the previous reading challenge post as linked above.

Thanks again Michelle for inviting me to participate in this reading challenge. I look forward to the many more events you will be hosting throughout the year. Also thank you to everyone for being so patient with me as I lapsed on updating or even existing on the internet these last couple of months. Slowly getting my groove back I swear. Now to just get rid of this dang upper respiratory infection...

1 comment:

  1. Glad you could join me for the challenge! Seems like you enjoyed it. I watched a ton of movies too. The TV ones this year were pretty good, especially the ones on Hallmark. Looking forward to you joining me again this year for the challenge.

    Have you signed up for my read-a-thon in two weeks? http://thetruebookaddict.blogspot.com/2011/12/winters-respite-read-thon-2012.html

    ReplyDelete