Saturday, October 13, 2012

Bear B. & Stone Adventuring Again

Finally, the walls have come down....

Well, maybe it was never really walls. Maybe it wasn't even block. Perhaps it was just a simple matter of going insane staring at a computer screen.

Call me old fashioned. I just prefer the old, trusty paper and pen method. I get so overwhelmed and frustrated staring at a screen and wondering what the next words should be. Typing a sentence straight from my brain seems like I am missing something.

So, I printed out the chapters I have completed. I purchased a stack of legal pads. Who would've known they'd be so cheap by the bundle at Staples. Yay for unexpected finds. I wasn't even planning on going down that aisle, but there was a pull I just couldn't resist.

I admit that when my computer is on, I don't seem to find myself working. Instead, I wander over to that black hole we call Facebook. I check everyone's news and comments and anything else they got the inkling to share since I checked it five minutes ago. I then turn around and check on my apps, which quickly run out of energy. Then I wander to my emails. And, well, you get the point.

So, I promised some time ago that I would get a chapter book out there. My young readers have been begging for one. They enjoy the picture books, but they know they are too old for them. They are hoping (READ: counting on) my chapter books will entertain them as much as the picture books have. And, thus, I too am hopeful that I can please them.

In the meantime, we are also preparing for our upcoming event. Just in time for Halloween, we will be reading at our local library. We were initially doing just a small group of toddlers to preschool aged children. Recently, we learned that the librarian decided to invite all the local preschools to join us! We don't have a number count yet, but I have a feeling it will be more than the handful of kids we read to when we were there last Christmastime.

So, that is what is going on over here. Hope everyone is having a good time preparing for Halloween. Remember to read lots of spooky stories this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment