Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bear B. & Stone are adventuring along...

Bear B. & Stone are working their way through this first Adventure. I wasn't expecting to write a story about bullying, and I really didn't plan on either of our babies to end up hurt. That's what happened today. Stone has been injured by the mean bullies. Now, I have to figure out how hurt he is. I have to decide what's going to happen next.

The bullies aren't the only new characters to make an appearance in this story. There is the girl down the street that pops up from time to time. Not really sure what her purpose is yet, but I'm sure she will reveal it to me in time. Then there is Cupcake and Danger. They are fast becoming a couple of my favorite friends. Bear B. is enjoying getting to know them, as well. I hope that they establish themselves to appear in many more Adventure books in the future.

There is of course the humans, Bear B.'s humans. There is one to represent each of the four of us. I suppose they bear some resemblance to the real humans in our household, but they are only background in the story. Bear B.'s humans play an important roll in his life, and I want to show how much he loves each and every one of them, but I do not want them to overpower the story.

I really wasn't expecting to end up as far as I have. For a while there, I was suffering from writer's block that I thought I would never break through. Then, the fog in my brain cleared, and the story began flowing once again. I have now completed chapter five. There is still a long way to go before their first story is complete, but I am thoroughly enjoying the Adventure already.

On a side note, my 14 year old son even said he enjoyed hearing what part of the story I had to tell already. I take this as a good sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment