Saturday, March 31, 2012

I just can't keep up...

Admittedly, I have been majorly slacking on my blog posts. I cannot recall the last time I was here to post. I apologize for that. Life sometimes sneaks in and gets in the way of keeping up with everything I should be doing. However, I have been working. Clark has been, too.

We will start with Clark. He has been working with Indian Ink. Trying out new things for the upcoming Adventures of Bear B. & Stone. Here is one of the things he has accomplished. 
Bear B. in Indian Ink

Clark has said that he believes this image will grace the cover of the first Adventures book. Of course, he will add an image of Stone to it, so it will not be this exact image. He has also been working on the new picture book, Monster Beneath my Bed, which we are aiming to release near the end of the summer. 

As for me, I have been writing as much as I can manage. I am pleased with the way Adventures is unfolding. I wasn't planning, or expecting, to write a story about bullying. I didn't expect these 2 bullies to pop up, but when they did I knew that this was what the story was meant to entail. So, every time Bear B. & Stone run into the bullies, things get a little more intense. The bullies are getting physical. Stone was injured (fortunately it was just a few bruises and they healed nicely). However, the boys are now afraid to go outside. As often is the case with bullying, the bullied become afraid to live their lives. They must learn to overcome this fear. They must find a way to "beat" the bully without becoming a bully themselves. It is my hope that this is the story I will tell. The story of overcoming the fear and the trepidation that comes with bullying and overcoming the bullies themselves. I have an idea for the end of the book. But of course I won't be revealing that to anyone. Guess you'll just have to wait for the book's release. 

I will try to get on here more often and keep up with my posting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment