Friday, March 16, 2012

Review of a Product...

Ordinarily, I do not review products. If I like something, I may tell a few people about it, and if I don't like something I may speak up when asked, or if I hear that someone else is considering purchasing the product. However, I feel that this product deserves to be reviewed, not because it is a good product, but because it is an epic failure. That product is the Lysol Healthy Touch No-Touch Hand Soap System.


When we first purchased this product, I would have given it 5 beautiful stars. It was great. No contamination on the soap dispensers, no yucky goo from our hands getting on them either. The product was easy to use, and dispensed a perfect amount of soap for my (then) 5 year old daughter to not be left in charge of judging on her own. 

Now, I would give this product a sad single star. I am not sure it is even worthy of the 1 star. After a couple months of use, the bathroom dispenser began to bubble and take on water. How did this happen? The best we can come up with is that it could not handle the steam of the shower. We changed the batteries when the light started flashing, and it quit altogether. Perhaps the battery compartment got wet as well? 

So, we moved the kitchen dispenser into the bathroom and set the one from the bathroom to air dry. Almost immediately, this second dispenser began asking for new batteries (it has a red light that flashes to indicate dying batteries). So, we changed the batteries. That is when this dispenser began making funny clicking noises. I went into the bathroom to investigate the noise. The dispenser was grinding away and dispensing copious amounts of soap onto the counter top.  Not only did it drain an almost full soap refill, but it was also filled with water. 

What an utter disappointment this (not cheap) product has been. I attempted to post my review on Lysol.com. I even registered for an account so I could do so. It refuses to let me log in after I click write a review. Out of curiosity, I scrolled through the reviews. Many of the 4 & 5 star reviews that I have read sound like how we originally felt about the product. The 1 & 2 star reviews all bear similar complaints to the one that I am posting here. 

I wanted to share this because I figure that many of you, like us, have young children and think what a great thing a no touch dispenser would be. I do hope that this review has been helpful. Thank you for taking the time to read my product review.

No comments:

Post a Comment