Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 1

I dropped my son off at camp this afternoon. He couldn't get rid of me fast enough. I had to threaten to stay the week if he didn't give me a hug. Ultimately, I won. I got my hug and an "I love you" before I left the campgrounds.

From there, I headed over here to my mother's house. I got a little turned around on my way here, but I found my way back to the familiar and safely arrived here. I had figured it would be a little late by the time I got here.

I won't be getting much done tonight. I did attempt to read, but I just couldn't get into it today. Perhaps, I will get a little reading done tonight once I crawl into bed. I won't be doing much in the way of writing tonight either.

Really, tonight's focus is on relaxation. I have my feet kicked up, my coffee cup beside me, and I am just watching TV and not doing much thinking or doing. Later, I will take a bubble bath and just unwind. Tomorrow can be spent on things such as reading (and reviewing) and writing. I have the next few days to myself.

Of course, there is always the possibility that I won't be able to sleep and then I will get more accomplished tonight than I originally expected. So, that about sums up day 1 of my "vacation." Pretty boring, but for now that is just the way I like it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment