Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back to School

Like many parents, I am pulling my hair out as summer draws to a close. The children are restless. Summer is fun until you start feeling like you are doing the same thing you've done before. Then the children get bored.

I, for one, cannot wait until the first week of September, and the first day of school. My son starts high school this year. I am positive that he will have more than enough homework and activities to keep him out of my hair. How will he handle it? Only time will tell. My daughter starts kindergarten this year. Thankfully, it is full day kindergarten.

Let the shopping and planning and prepping begin. Today was the first in the month long preparations. We made a trip to the school. My son had to check over his schedule, pick up the sports physical form, and order his new uniform shirts (high school wears a different color than the rest of the kids). My daughter was a lot easier. She simply needed to order shirts.

During the next couple of weeks, my daughter needs her kindergarten physical, my son needs his sports physical, shopping needs to be done. She needs pants/skirts/shorts that will be a part of her uniform. They both have a list of school supplies to purchase. Paperwork must be filled out and filed with the office.

August 31st is open house night. We go, meet teachers, tour the school (for my daughter's sake as this is her first year) and make sure everything is all set to start school. Hopefully, we can keep them busy with school prep.

On the plus side of things, the weather seems to be settling back down. The temperatures outside are cooler. The rain is finally making it to us. All the reminders that school is just around the corner are in place. We just have to survive one more month. Then both kids will be at school all day, and I can once again find the time to actually accomplish something, or many somethings, when and how I want.

I am ready for back to school, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment