Monday, August 8, 2011

Keeping Up

Keeping up with social media outlets is difficult. I feel like I spend more time bouncing between Facebook and Twitter than doing anything else all day.

On Twitter, I try to retweet for people, but everything gets lost in the shuffle. I appreciate all the people who have retweeted for me or suggested me to follow. I really have a difficult time following what's what on Twitter. It seems like some people have all the time in the world to constantly tweet. I might log in in the morning and the same person has posted 20 or more tweets to their account. How do they find the time?

Facebook is sometimes harder to keep up with. Status updates combine with all kinds of "check this out" articles, videos and links. Add into that all the new "you know your from _____" posts that are now spamming up my Facebook feed. Then, I need to keep up with the fan page. Sometimes, I feel like I am becoming a spammer, so I back off of the page. Then I start to feel guilty that I am neglecting those who have chosen to follow and support me. Is there a happy medium?

What do you do to keep up with the social media outlets? How do you know when and what to post to which sites? I am slowly learning. Well, at least I hope I am. There really is no one to tell me if I am doing it right or not.

Well, I am off to read some more. If you have any tips or suggestions for keeping up with social media and would like to appear as a guest post on my blog, I'd be happy to host someone who can give me (and they many others out there without a clue) some sound advice on who, what, when, where, why and how to keep up with social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment