Monday, August 15, 2011

Found...

Recently, I was going through a box of my old books that I got from my mother's shed when we helped her clean it out. I was determining which books to pass along (or loan) to my son, now 13, and which books to hang on to for my daughter.

I was pleasantly surprised when I made it to the bottom of the box and found 5 floppy binders stacked beneath the books. These binders contain every poem I wrote during my high school years. Unfortunately, the poem I previously mentioned about friendship was not in there. My mother is currently searching for it in the scores of school papers she has from my sisters and me. Hopefully, she will have some luck in locating it.

I have not read through the poems that I found in the box, yet. I really cannot recall what is in there. But, no matter what they say, or how good they may or may not be, poetry was my form of journaling back then. So, it will be a walk down memory lane, good or bad. I thought that these books of poems were lost forever. What's the chances that they had spent all these years at the bottom of a box in my mother's shed all these years?

I am looking forward to reading them, and seeing if I actually had any real talent back then. The musings of a 15 year old mind...LOL. Perhaps, if I like any of them, I may post them or have them published. Time will tell. The truth is, no one has ever read any of them before. I always kept them close to the vest, just as any young girl's diary is private and unshared.

No comments:

Post a Comment