Friday, November 4, 2011

The Daisy Chain by Erica M Goros

Please accept my sincerest of apologies that this review has taken me so long to post. Sometimes, life conspires against us and we don't get to focus on the things we want to do, but rather must focus on the things that we have to do. This in no way reflects the quality of the story or the ability of the author.


I loved reading The Daisy Chain by Erica M. Goros. In a note from the author, Goros wrote
We all take parts of our past, whether tragic or just tragically part of life, we bury them. Twisting them into a space that fits snuggly into our minds, distorting reality into what could only be called, ourreality.
I'm sure that everyone will agree with this statement. We are all guilty of changing our memories to suit what exactly we want to remember. For some, you will only remember the good, and no matter what bad they have done, you forgive them anything and forget that it ever transpired. For others, you only remember the bad. Regardless of what they have done for you, your memory is forever tainted by the way that they hurt you. This is how you remember them.

Such is the case of the main character, Dannah. Throughout the story, you follow her through her mind. The story simultaneously travels both the past and the present. Perhaps, we only see what Dannah wants us to see, but more likely is we only see what Dannah herself is willing to see. The storyline itself is tragic and beautiful. It is well written, and will leave the reader turning pages as fast as they can. Putting this book down is a chore. You must force yourself to admit that the clock has defeated you and head to bed or you will pull an all-nighter to complete the story.

Nearing the end of the book, I was shocked when Dannah's eyes were opened wide before us. When the truth came to light, as it has a tendency to do. I will not reveal anything that I found in those pages, as you must read the book yourself to discover. I do not produce spoilers, but I will say this. I NEVER saw it coming. Even upon going back and reading it again, there was never any clue. There was a few things that, upon rereading, I could take a different way now that I knew how the story would end, but it never gave so much as a clue that that's what they referred to.

Goros did an excellent job with this story. Her hope is that you will be able to relate to each of her characters. Perhaps you have a little bit of Cole in you. Perhaps you are more like Elizabeth. The characters are well drawn and easily real.

I look forward to many more by Goros, and I strongly recommend this book to everyone who has ever dreamed.



Or you can purchase it in e-format:


No comments:

Post a Comment