Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaNoWriMo day 1

NaNoWriMo started today. I set myself a goal of 3000 words per day. I should easily reach the 50000 words goal by November 30th, even with expecting to take days off for my son's birthday and for Thanksgiving, both later this month.

So, knowing that I had to write at least 3000 words today, I began shortly after the kids left for school. I was unsure where I was going when I began this morning. I had a rough sketch idea of the kind of story I wanted to write. A brief idea of the plot line I intended to follow.

I feel extremely accomplished today. I set my goal at 3000 words. I managed to write 4619 words. There are 5 completed chapters. I have even given it a title and a brief description now.

"Huntress"

Plagued by memories of an abnormal childhood, Tabitha devotes her life to chasing the thing that destroyed life as she knew it.

I also managed to get a little more reading done. Erica M. Goros has managed to catch me completely off guard with the plot twist she just threw into The Daisy Chain. I cannot wait to finish reading it and share my thoughts with all of you.

As for NaNoWriMo, just imagine, if I could write 5 chapters of more than 4500 words today while washing dishes, shopping, and having to pick my kids up from school, then what do you think I can do the next day or the day after that. Perhaps this story has been inside of me all along and just beating at the cage bars in my head, trying to escape. I hope it continues to flow from my fingertips as smoothly as it did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment