Friday, November 18, 2011

I bit off way more than I can chew

I love Stephen King. He is one of my all time favorite authors. That being said, I was so excited to participate in the Bag of Bones read-a-long. However, it just is not to be. Here is what I posted over on the Castle Macabre website.
Sadly, I am going to have to drop out of this read-a-long. :( Tomorrow marks the end of the first week, and I have not even managed to finish the first page. When I signed up, I had forgotten about NaNoWriMo. Then, I insanely thought that I could still do both. This is apparently not the case. Thank you Michelle for thinking of me and extending the invitation. Happy reading to everyone still going. :)

Not only am I working on writing my first ever full length novel, but I also have to make time to promote We've Seen Santa as it is the holidays now. We are also scheduled for a few events during the first weeks of December, and are preparing for these as well. I am not ashamed to admit that with the read-a-long, I overbooked myself.

I know I am not posting nearly as often as I should be. I don't make it here to my blog or onto my Facebook Page or Twitter as often as I should. I apologize for that. Please bear with me while I sort out all these things. I think my alter ego and I need to clone ourselves so that we can both work at the same time. On the plus side, I have almost made it to the end of my novel, and my goal of 50,000 words. This means that I will start to have my time back to keep in better touch with all of you.

Thank you for being so patient with me while I attempt to learn how to function as yet another person while still being everyone else. Current personality count-SIX.

  1. Mother
  2. Wife
  3. Daughter
  4. Friend
  5. Children's Author
  6. Novelist
Let's just hope none of them rise up and revolt against me or the other personalities, and we will all get along just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment