Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone! Hope you all have a frightfully good time today. Personally, I can't believe October has reached its end already. We will, of course, be trick-or-treating (aka freezing our tushes off so the kids can have more candy than they could possibly need). Our daughter (5) is going to be a witch. Our son (13) is once again debating on if he is too old to trick-or-treat. Last year, he went along for about 5 minutes before deciding it wasn't much fun anymore and coming back home. Once here, he helped me hand out candy by frightening the children as they went by.

Tomorrow starts my busy month. November is jam packed with things to do. First, there is NaNoWriMo. For NaNoWriMo, I am attempting to write an entire novel (unedited and unpolished) by November 30th. At the very least, in order to receive my badge, I must produce a minimum of 50,000 words. Typing "uh, uh, uh" 50,000 times does not count, LOL. This will be my first full length novel. Wish me luck!


Come mid-November, on top of writing daily to reach my goal of completing a novel, I will be participating in my first ever read-a-long. Michelle over at Castle Macabre will be hosting. We will be reading Stephen King's Bag of Bones in celebration of the upcoming television event on A&E. It will be a four hour mini-series of King's bestselling novel, Bag of Bones. (Check your local listings for details). If you would like to join this read-a-long, you can do so by going here.


If you're wanting to join, but don't yet own the book, you can order it here:




I will also be completing my reading of The Daisy Chainduring the course of the next few days. I wish I had been able to finish it sooner, but alas, life has conspired against me. At this point in the book (around 3/4 of the way through) I am absolutely loving it. I can't wait to see where it will lead. I will, of course, be posting a review upon completion. If you would like to check it this new novel by a new Indie author you can order it here.




or it is also available for your kindle here.




I will also be doing preparations for my upcoming speaking engagements for We've Seen Santathat are scheduled throughout December. I am not a public speaker, nor do I have any idea what exactly I should plan to say or do for these events. So, I figure I should probably get to figuring. I do have one easy event scheduled for early December. It is a lapsit at the local library. I will simply need to read We've Seen Santa to a small group of little ones. I can do that with my eyes closed. Then, I will make myself available to the parents for questions and opportunity to purchase We've Seen Santa. If you would like to purchase a copy for your own family, you can do so by visiting here.




And let us not forget that my son has his 14th birthday in November, and there is always Thanksgiving. Plus, it is time to at least begin planning for Christmas. So, as you can see, November is going to be a little bit crazy for me. Please forgive me if I don't post (or read) as much as I would like to. Life is going to be pretty hectic for me until after New Years. But, I promise to keep you updated on my writing (NaNoWriMo) and my read-a-long.

PS-along the right side column, you will see an opportunity to get involved in NaNoWriMo and donate to The Office of Letters and Light. Just like any marathon, you have the opportunity to sponsor a marathoner. Your donations will help to inspire 300,000 kids and adults in 500 communities and 2,500 classrooms around the world. For more information about this nonprofit organization visit here. To donate and sponsor me as a writer, visit here.

Thanks to everyone for bearing with me this next [crazy] month! And thanks to those who join in and sponsor my marathon of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment