Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 4, Frightful Fall Read-a-thon #frightfall

I didn't get as much reading done today as I would have hoped, but I cannot complain. I traded in my 02 Dodge Stratus for an 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee today. With winter fast approaching, I needed a car that could handle a Michigan winter.

I just read to my daughter from her current "thriller," Howliday Inn by James Howe. It is part of the Bunnicula Series. We read for about 15 minutes. She was already late for bed after all the running around we had to do after school.
I loved Bunnicula as a child when our school librarian read it to us. When my son reached the age where I thought he would enjoy it, I found it on Amazon. It was then that I discovered there was an entire series. I purchased every book for him. He has now passed them along to his baby sister. She is 5 and absolutely loves hearing the Bunnicula stories before bed.

As for my reading, I read for just under 2 hours today. I managed about 100 pages. Things are really picking up in Ghost Moon by Heather Graham.
I know that there has been another murder, but only because I have been in the mind of the murderer. The main characters are still clueless about this other body, apparently so close nearby that the killer is shocked that they have not stumbled across it yet.

Tomorrow I will hopefully have more time to read tomorrow. Sometimes, life conspires against us and we cannot do all the things we'd like to do. However, in this instance, it may have taken almost a week, but I am now the proud owner of my Jeep, so I will not complain that my week has been jam packed with running around, jumping through hoops to get my Jeep. A big thank you to my in-laws for helping us out with a loan so we could purchase said Jeep.

No comments:

Post a Comment