Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 6, Frightful Fall Read-a-thon #frightfall

I was able to find the time to read a lot more today. We did go miniature golfing for an event with the kids school earlier today, but then my son and husband were doing "man work" outside, and my daughter was playing on the computer, so I found the time to read.




I probably read for about 2 hours total. I read 140 pages of Ghost Moon by Heather Graham. I will definitely be able to finish tomorrow (assuming life doesn't come up LOL).

My thoughts so far are that things have become very fast-paced. Every page has you holding your breath waiting for the other shoe to drop. I believe that one of my suspects has been ruled out, and I am really leaning towards my other suspect. I can tell you that the murderer is absolutely insane. This comes from the fact that we still get glimpses into his mind. We can hear his thoughts and have to really wonder how no one ever realized how insane this person is. I look forward to finishing tomorrow and discovering who the actual killer is. And, of course, I always enjoy learning if I was right on or if I was so far off I wasn't in the same story line at all. That's always the fun part of reading whodunits.

Well, I am off to watch The New Daughter (starring Kevin Costner) with my husband and then probably head to bed. Happy reading everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day! I've never read Heather Graham. Looks like it's pretty suspenseful.

    Interested to hear what you thought of The New Daughter. I thought it was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never read Heather Graham either, but I found one of her books (Ghost Shadow, the first in the trilogy) in a discount bin at the grocery store and thought what the heck. I enjoyed it so much that I went to Amazon and ordered the remaining books in the trilogy. I haven't read any of her other storylines yet, but there are a few on my list to look for.

    As for The New Daughter, I thought that the storyline was good, I loved the concept of an ancient "tribe of deities". However, I was rather disappointed that it was not scary. I was in the mood for scary, and instead I got twisted. But it was a decent movie overall.

    ReplyDelete