Saturday, October 15, 2011

Perfectly Dysfunctional

Recently, I finished Bobbie O’Keefe’s Family Skeletons (Five Star Mystery Series). I really enjoyed the storyline. This family definitely puts a new light on dysfunctional. The “skeletons in the closet” are both real and metaphorical.


Just like any whodunit, I spent the majority of the book trying to solve the case. I had myself a list of suspects. I can honestly say that I caught a few clues before the characters did. However, I did not see the end coming. I was caught completely off guard by the final chapters.

As Sunny clears out her father’s home after he has been declared dead, she discovers things she never imagined she would find. Someone is trying to stop her from learning the truth about a past that has affected her life without her ever knowing. Sunny is an imperfect character. She has flaws and mannerisms that leave you believing she could be real. Her best friend, Ryan, provides much of the comic relief. Did O’Keefe do this intentionally? Or, perhaps, it is just the way the character developed. Jonathon is one of those characters you do not want to like. He is uppity and stiff. At first, I expected him to be hard to tolerate. I am not ashamed to admit that he grew on me quickly.

Add in the small town these “big city” main characters have been dropped into, and it makes for an insane course of events. Remember, no one has a secret forever in a small town. I strongly recommend Family Skeletons (Five Star Mystery Series)for a good whodunit mystery. Add in the romance building and the secret keeping, and you have yourself a well-rounded story. I never wanted to put it down.



This is the second book by O’Keefe that I have read. I will be seeking out her other titles for my reading pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment