Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 7, Frightful Fall Read-a-thon #frightfall

Tonight ends the Frightful Fall Read-a-thon hosted by Michelle at Castle Macabre. Thanks again Michelle for hosting and for the invite to participate. I really enjoyed myself and look forward to joining in on many more read-a-thons.


I did manage to actually finish my book, Ghost Moon (Bone Island Trilogy)
by Heather Graham. I strongly recommend this series in its entirety. I did only give 4 stars to the second in the series, Ghost Night (Bone Island Trilogy) due to the fact that I did not enjoy the actual storyline as much. However, it was still well written and provides key elements to the series. I was unfamiliar with Heather Graham when I first stumbled upon Ghost Shadow (The Bone Island Trilogy) in the supermarket. Boy am I ever glad that I decided to give her a try.

So, now for my review of Ghost Moon (Bone Island Trilogy) by Heather Graham. I give this one a definitive 5 stars!!

First of all, I have been posting how close to certain that I was that I had flushed out the killer early on. Boy was I ever wrong! I had not predicted that the truly guilty party actually had any part in it whatsoever. I was pleased to find that Graham had thoroughly steered me wrong with all her clues and insight. I guarantee I went exactly where she wanted her readers to go.

The book is a nail biter, keeping the reader on the edge of their seat, always waiting for the other shoe to drop. The ending will have you second guessing all your sleuthing skills. By this third book, many of the characters are beloved friends. When these friends end up on the suspect list, you find yourself muttering "say it ain't so" and looking for clues that will free them from the list.

Our beloved Bartholomew makes yet another appearance. He is the friendly neighborhood ghost we all wish we had on our side. If you haven't met him yet, you should seek him out. You'll have to finish the series to find out what happens to our Bartholomew at the end of Ghost Moon.

Overall, a well written ghost story, murder mystery, romance novel rolled into one. Not many can successfully cross genres the way Graham seamlessly does. I look forward to checking out some of her other series soon.

3 comments:

  1. I may have to check something of hers out. I'll watch at my next library sale. Great review!

    I hope you enjoyed the read-a-thon. It was great having you with us! My winter read-a-thon will be in January and I host my annual Christmas reading challenge via The Christmas Spirit from Thanksgiving week through Epiphany/Twelfth Night. Hope you will consider joining me again. =O) Also, enjoy your read-a-thon prize! I will be drawing more winners tonight. Maybe you will win again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, thanks again for inviting me. It was a lot of fun. I will definitely join you for the Christmas reading challenge and the winter read-a-thon.

    I look forward to reading Witch Hunter when it arrives in my inbox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! I really hope you enjoy the book...and the set you won today. =O)

    ReplyDelete